Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hump Day Hook



Hello all, sorry I missed last week. I've been trying to get a new book started and it always gives me a hard time in the beginning. Anyhoo, I've got a good start so I thought I'd play this week. I think I will give you all a little piece of it and see what you think. It's a young adult novel so there is nothing steamy in it. Sorry to disappoint! LOL here you go. This is from the first book in my future State of Decay series, The Deadlands. It's a zombie book cause we all know zombies rule! Well, unless they are trying to eat your face off...then all bets are off. This is NOT the cover because the book is still in the works, but I did make this to give you a visual!

Excerpt from The Deadlands, Book 1 of State of Decay series. (This is un-edited so sorry for any errors)
“I’ve been in here for two weeks!” Sarah landed a solid kick against the glass.
Sadly, the glass only vibrated, but didn’t shatter the way she would’ve liked. Apparently they learned a lesson from the last time they put her in this room. Her anger grew as did the power within her. She felt her insides heat up and when she glanced at her reflection, she saw her hazel eyes spark a strange orange color. Her hands fisted tightly. The lean muscles in her arms coiled as she fought against the foreign power inside her. Sarah started shaking as she tried to calm down. Her temper was the reason she was stuck in the stupid room. 


So as you can see, Sarah is a little badass. I hope you like this because it's a ball to write. Let me know what you think!

For more Hump Day Hooks Click Here

8 comments:

  1. Two weeks that's a bit long for a punishment... I can't wait to see her break everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so very intrigued by this! What is the power? I want to know more - so great hook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome hook! What exactly did she do to get in there, and will she get out again? I look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Sarah's an interesting character. Can't wait to learn more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like she really battles this inner power. Great work! I would like to know more :)

    ReplyDelete