Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hump Day Hook 10/29/2014

Welcome back! I hope you all are enjoying all the posts. I hope to hear your thoughts.

“Remember the rules,” her dad said. “No drinking, smoking, or illegal drugs. Curfew is midnight and…there’s one other thing.” He tapped his finger on his chin as if thinking. “Ah yes, don’t get my daughter pregnant.” And then he smiled and promptly shut the door in their shocked faces.
“Dad!” Harper screeched and she could hear him and her mother cackling on the other side of the door. “Oh, my God! I could die from embarrassment.”
Liam snorted out a laugh and scratched his forehead with his thumbnail. If one could actually die from embarrassment, Harper would certainly do so.
“Well, there goes that plan,” Liam said in mock seriousness.
Then the door flew open and her father stood there with flared nostrils and his chest puffed out.
“I kidding, sir. I swear.” Liam held his hands up in surrender, but he couldn’t stop laughing.

His laugher caused Harper to giggle which led to her father rolling his eyes and letting out a little laugh of his own.

1 comment:

  1. That was funny. Seriously, her father was asking for the joke.

    ReplyDelete