Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hump Day Hook

Hey hookers! LMAO sorry, I couldn't resist. I hope everyone is have a wonderful day. Now that Silent Tears is available at Barnes & Nobel, Amazon, Bookstrand, and ARe, I will celebrate by showing you a scene from Silent Tears. I love these characters and it was a joy to write their story. Hope you enjoy.

Excerpt:


The movement was stupid because he had pressed his chest up against a loaded gun that she could’ve easily fired. Brax couldn’t stop himself from getting as close as he could. He couldn’t stand seeing her in pain. She blinked and shook her head. When she finally got her bearings, she dropped the gun. She scrambled to get away from him. When she turned her back, he gasped. Her beautiful skin was marred with scars and a jagged symbol of some kind that had been branded into the flesh of her right shoulder. He turned the light on to get a better look. One scar curved over her right hip, up across her back and wrapped around her left shoulder. Whoever did this to her spent hours cutting into her flesh making intricate patterns.

Click Here For more awesomeness!



15 comments:

  1. I went cold when I read this. Powerful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did all those scars come from? I want to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That's horrible, and a great hook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG my blood ran cold. I hope he helps her. Deep- love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hook...but I want to know what those cuts mean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GAH! Need to know more!! It's waiting for me to find time...justhanging out on my kindle. Wonderful hook...I can't wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gutsy to press against the weapon. Hopefully he's able to help her. Good hook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch. I'm very intrigued and want to know how she got those scars. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is painful in so many ways, I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, powerful and sad and scary, and I love his concern. Excellent hook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guns and scars all in one short excerpt...way to hook us! Great job!

    ReplyDelete