Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Hump Day Hook

Hello, I'm a bit late this morning. I thought I'd take it back a little to my very first book, So Beautifully Broken.

Excerpt:

Horrible things always haunted her dreams and that feeling that her demons were just around the corner was always there in the back of her head. When Lilly’s mind went to those dark places, it took days for her not to see the devil in the face of every man out there. She needed to be numb. She needed to feel nothing. Only then could she function without falling to pieces, without getting trapped in the darkness that shrouded her soul.

For more excerpts from some amazing authors Click Here


14 comments:

  1. Poor Lilly...gorgeous book x

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...it took days for her not to see the devil..." Very intense and revealing line. Great hook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful hook. I'm left with the need to know who this woman is and why/how she was hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your hook this week! So intense :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice hook! It was intense and dark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a dark world she is forced to inhabit during these times. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intriguing and emotional, great hook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very dark and bleak. I want to know how she got that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely created a dark and haunting mood. It really grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, very nice. I'm wondering what wounded her so. And what demons haunt her? Very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent description of her sadness. I hope she finds happiness soon. Great hook

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very powerful!!! I have so many questions... How did she get so hurt? How does she try to stay numb? And what happens next?? What? What? What?? Lol. Great hook!

    ReplyDelete