Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hump Day Hook!

Welcome back peeps! Hope all is well and you enjoy this little bit from Silent Tears.

Excerpt:


“Dad,” Brax said his voice shaking as he kneeled beside his father. “Hang in there, dad.” He held Roman’s hand close to his heart as he leaned over him.
“Make their blood flow, Braxton.” Roman coughed and winced in pain.
The car swerved and skidded around corners as the driver tore down the winding roads. Cam couldn’t stop the tears from flowing.
“Camellia, take care of my son,” Roman whispered as he gripped her hand.
“You’re going to help me take care of him, Roman.”
He shook his head slightly, coughed again, and then spoke to Brax. “It’s in your hands now, son. I love you.”


For more hooks please Click Here. Hope you enjoyed Brax and Cam, they are coming soon!!!

17 comments:

  1. This is so dramatic, and quite a departure from last week! Captured the intensity so well it so few lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK!! What a hook! Totally caught me emotionally and I'm dying to know what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An intense moment for sure. I'd like to know what got them to this scene and what comes next. Great hook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that was dramatic! I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! That is so sad, and an excellent hook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how emotional! You really feel for them. Nice hook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always write with such emotion. This is lovely writing...but so, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... not sure I was ready for such powerful emotions so early in the morning.
    You should put a warning sign: Danger, strong emotions ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very powerful scene and a tantalising end

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa, I felt the tug of fear and sorrow as I read. Nice hook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lacie Nation at her best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow-what an intense hook!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job of showing these people's deep emotions at this heartbreaking time. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow....the emotion in this! Great job! I'm ready to cry....

    ReplyDelete
  15. So heartbreaking! I was completely drawn in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with L VanHorn...my first thoughts were "how heartbreaking" too!! **sob**

    ReplyDelete