Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hump Day Hook

Hiya! I have much going on today but I couldn't miss out on Humping today!!! I think we'll visit with Jolie today from Gravity Beach.

Excerpt Gravity Beach:

Mrs. Perkins, the principal, motioned to someone outside the door. A few seconds later a man walked in wearing a U.S. Army uniform. Jolie would know it anywhere. Ethan had worn one for more than half of their relationship. The unbearable lump formed in her throat and her eyes filled with tears. She tried to swallow her emotions down, but all she could see was Ethan. How he would grab her up in a huge hug when he first returned home from a deployment. She staggered back a step as her heart felt as though it stopped in her chest.

For more posts Click Here! Until next week peeps!

15 comments:

  1. full of emotions. A great hook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWW> Love this scene x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful scene. "...She staggered back a step as her heart felt as though it stopped in her chest." Can't help wondering if it's in response to more than the uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a powerful scene...I could feel the lump in her throat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice emotion...nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I love the emotion, and I need more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such emotion...so powerful. Love this hook.

    (Tho i had to laugh when I first started reading...my kids principal is a Mrs. Perkins. hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart is breaking for her! And I'm left dying to know what caused such a reaction, what happened to him. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good job on the emotion. wonder who the guy is.
    =)
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww...so heart-wrenching! I agree - great job depicting her emotional response.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, that was emotionally charged. Great hook!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to hope that it's Ethan for her sake because I think she would have a very hard time coping if it wasn't. Great hook!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The emotion really touched me. Great hook.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I'm going to cry. :( This is such a powerful scene. Great hook, Lacie.

    ReplyDelete